Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Not Entirely Convincing Comparison

As per a suggestion by AngryBeth Shortbread, I have this morning been playing with an Engine-driven system that attempts to match one's features to the most appropriate star of stage or cinematograph. I have to say that I am not entirely convinced by the results; repeated use with various pictures resulted in the following being judged most similar and appearing most often, the more common on the left:

large headshot 2.jpg
Christina Ricci, for comparison
Christina
Ricci
Or possibly Rani Mukherjee
Rani
Mukherjee
Christy Turlington?
Christy
Turlington


I must say that one thing that I have never been told in Second Life is that I look like Christina Ricci, and I think it unlikely that I ever will. Still. Diverting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I submitted a daguerreotype of myself to the same process - the results varied wildly: from a bollywood actor, to the low vaudevillian Tom Green, to Tim Roth/Ewan McGregor/George Clooney, to the very surprising beardless-youth of Prince Harry!

By the by - I enjoyed my brief visit to your civil little hamlet, though I managed to get myself trapped in your ironclad submersible.

6/05/2006 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home