Thursday, June 01, 2006

Disappearances and Inconsistencies

The Aethernet company "Yahoo!" have apparently closed my account with their "GeoCities" service, on which I was storing certain script files referred to in this journal.

Despite my annoyance I know better than to try to argue with an enormous corporation based on another continent with undoubtedly no interest in my affairs whatsoever, and thus I will be looking for alternative storage of some sort. In the meantime, cached versions of these scripts can be found through the services of another enormous corporation based on another continent with undoubtedly no interest etc:I have also been informed that this journal is of Most Peculiar Appearance when viewed with a peculiar, antique Aethernet Browsing Device known as "Internet Explorer". Imagine my surprise upon discovering that this malfunctioning gadget is actually amazingly popular! I cannot for the life of me see why it is that this "i.e." (as I'm told it is abbreviated) refuses to correctly draft my writings, but clearly something must be done, thus I have changed the journal's appearance temporarily until such time as I know what the necessary modifications might be.

I regret boring you, dear reader, with these mundanities but I feel that notice needs to be given. I shall however be boring you with relative non-mundanities forthwith. Hamlet Au's latest post regarding Laukosargas Svarog's virtual ecology has reminded me of a few further developments of my own humble system of more technological ecology which I have been mulling over, and feel that the time is right to now mull more publicly. Be warned that the piece contains possibly the most strained metaphor ever attempted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ordinal,

I would be happy to host your scripts on my site, until you can find a better place to host them. Contact me through the url below, if interested.

6/05/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ordinal Malaprop said...

Very kind, sir, but I have recently subscribed to a Hosting Provider of my own so such a thing should not be necessary. Most appreciated though!

6/07/2006 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home