Friday, March 03, 2006

The property ladder

In a fit of enthusiasm last night I rented a large plot of waterfront land in Desmond Shang's new Victorian sim, Caledon. (This is not the steampunk sim that I and others have been discussing, but a number of us can be found there regularly.) It is an extremely pleasant sim generally and well worth a visit, even at this early stage. However, this morning I must admit that I have absolutely no clue as to what I am going to do with this plot.

I really have been spending money insanely on Second Life this month, buying land and L$, increasing my tier and so on, and the time has come for my accountant to grab me by the scruff of my neck, haul me back and wag a finger in my face, saying "Malaprop! Stop immediately! Spend a cent more and I'll have your guts for garters!"

So, hm. I shall probably put a shop there of some sort, selling my more complex and decorative items for a price. I am not giving up my old land or stopping building freebies and toys, they will always be available, but I have to make a little money or I will end up in debtor's prison at this rate. I think I may also build a café. I did also have another idea but I'm not sure of the demand for it... sorry to be cryptic, I shall mention it if I do go ahead. I'm sure that, as more people build there, ideas will start to come to mind.

I shall provide a direct link to the area once there is actually something there to look at. And there will be no more tier boosting, no more huge Lindex purchases. Well. Okay. There is one more thing to do. Don't look at me like that! It's really important, and it's a great investment, it will boost the value of my existing land... what are you doing with that ledger?

(Exit, pursued by an accountant.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Faux Press said...

My dear Miss Malaprop -

How delighted I am to have found your verbal and photographic musings from Second Life. Congratulations on your new plot of land and Difference Engine room at Professor Jefferson Gould's Explorer's Manor.

3/04/2006 03:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you through a link on the slurl.com website. Nice blog you have here. I feel like you with the land tiers and uncontrollable spending. My wife found out and half of what I have is up for sale. She can't be ignored like an accountant.

3/04/2006 05:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home